Thank you. Thank you for the reply.
How do I show hard drive icon on desktop … - Apple Community
When I run this command defaults write com. I tried a reboot, no change.
- How to fix WD My Passport for Mac not showing up in Finder/Disk Utility??
- free uml editor mac os x.
- Turn Desktop Drive Icons On and Customize Their Appearance.
- change language settings office mac.
- Drive Icons Missing From Your Mac's Desktop?.
Any thoughts? I'm just trying to make sure that all users new, old on the machines have this setting enabled by default.
Thanks again! Casper runs the command as root, so it changes the setting for root.
- Before fixing WD Passport not showing up on Mac issue.
- Policy to enable, show "connected servers" in Finder on x? | Discussion | Jamf Nation.
- key generator for mac free download.
- mac air to tv hdmi no sound?
- Why Can't I See My Hard Drive On My Desktop In OS X??
- fleetwood mac rumours dvd-audio download;
- handtekening maken in word mac?
If you want to use the defaults command over MCX, you need to loop through existing users and the User Template s. Something like. I know this is an older post, but I have jstrauss's script written and confirmed that it can run. Also is there a way to close the finder preferences dialog box so the user doesn't have to manually close it?
Policy to enable, show "connected servers" in Finder on 10.8.x?
I had to check "enable access for assistive devices" in my preferences in order for this script to run correctly. September 23, at 2: Guy Manchester says: September 23, at 4: PaddleorDie says: September 24, at 6: Will says: September 24, at December 22, at 6: July 31, at 2: Dale Sherbourn says: April 7, at Andres says: April 11, at 8: April 11, at April 25, at 1: Evan says: The problem is that a default install of OS X renders the desktop without the drive icons.
In fact, a default install leaves the desktop with just the default wallpaper and nothing else. In the early betas of OS X Puma This default setting that included desktop drive icons continued for some time. Legend has it the change occurred because Steve Jobs wanted OS X to be more like iOS, which had no concept of storage or attached devices. But if you'd rather have a bit more control over your desktop, and customize it to fit your needs, then read on.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
In fact, you can specify which desktop icons you'd like to be visible simply by setting the preferences in the Finder. Click on the desktop or open a Finder window to ensure the Finder is currently the front-most application. From the menu bar , select Finder Preferences. External disks:
Related show hd on mac desktop 10.8
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved